Let’s talk about SEX
We are the beautiful gangly church. We love Jesus, and more often than not, right after Jesus and sometimes before Jesus, we love SEX – or we wish we did – or we wish we didn’t. The topic can makes us pretty wonky.
In efforts to change our perspective here, to call sex good and pure and completely God-given. I think we should talk about it a little – say on Fridays. Don’t you? Don’t you think young women in the church should be able to talk to other women in the church about it (It = SEX)?
Here are a few things that have had me thinking:
- a blog post here a while back where we discussed purity and sex and the what-fors.
- My own failures at purity.
- a blog post by Emerging Mummy discussing gender roles in the emergent church. (Maybe not related here – but interesting nonetheless.)
- !deaCamp in Las Vegas. In September the topic is SEX.
- Dirty Girls Ministry – in case you’ve never seen this before.
Before we get to talking, let’s think and pray. What are some positive ways you would like to see the church respond to SEX?