Brooke tagged me for Seven Random things. Here goes:
1. I have strange taste, but I try hard to be normal for Seth’s sake. I want to be one of those girls who wears red earrings, a yellow shirt, and orange high-heels. I prefer a super short haircut on myself, but I worry it makes my hips look big. I wish I had a hat for every day of the week. I have always had this rebellious longing to make people talk about me behind my back: “Do you see what she’s wearing?” It’s a defense mechanism to go ahead and control what people talk about than to just let them nitpick on their own accord. When I wear bright red lipstick, I have to evaluate myself. I can even wear lipstick out of fear.
2. My new favorite thing (and Seth’s, too) is red lipstick.
3. All I’ve ever wanted is to be a Grandma. Even as a child, I didn’t imagine having a husband or children. I just thought I would grow up to be old and have grandchildren like my Mamaw did.
4. I started a diary when I was in third grade. In it, I bragged that I had a boyfriend with a mustache.
5. I realize how weird it is to believe in Jesus and that Christians don’t make very much sense to non-believers, especially when they get all fussy, but I do really, really believe (like some tribal leader atop a mountain) that a sacrifice appeases my God, but He is not a God with smoke snarling from His nostrils. I believe He has favor on His son, that He loved us so much that He provides the way for us to Him. In the invisible world, I am perpetually shining, a shadowless clean. And that sacrifice? He didn’t stay dead. Not a spot of true Christianity is without redemption.
6. It crept up a few days ago. I want to finish my MFA in Poetry — hard core. When I was in Alabama, Mama had a dream about the book I would publish. She told me what it would be about. I’m going to write it. We aren’t the dreaming or prophesying sort, or we don’t usually confess to be. It was such a strange trip.
Update!: I just realized that I only wrote 6 weird facts. 7. I reread my blog several times after writing it. Sometimes, it takes me hours to see some pretty big mistakes. If you watch carefully (please don’t) you’ll see my blog get better as the day wears on.