A Mud Stories Podcast on Sex, Shame, Unforgiveness, and the Church
I recently had the privilege of recording a podcast with Jacque Watkins of Mud Stories, dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know you are not alone. I didn’t have plans to make a big to-do about it, but I’m sharing it with you here because our conversation was one of the most refreshing and real conversations I’ve ever had out in the open air. We talk about sex, grace, shame, and the church. It honestly makes me nervous for you to hear it, but I believe we’re meant to walk in freedom, so here you go.
The next time you’re loading the dishwasher, folding clothes, or driving to work, listen in.
In this episode Amber shares about:
- How she always wanted to be a “good girl”
- Her rebellious young life including promiscuity, drug addiction, abortion, and an affair
- And how she met God in her brokenness again and again
- Her discouragement in, and future hope for, the church
- Shame–the importance of letting it go, and some practical ways to help
- How shame is often at the root of our unforgiveness
- The importance of doing forgiveness work toward ourselves and other
- And the rescue, redemption, and intimacy that awaits us all because of Christ
This is no footnote. Please understand what a gift it has been to share my book with you. Wild in the Hollow continues to challenge me, and hearing how you relate to it has encouraged me and many others. Thank you for writing reviews and for sharing it with your people. Please continue to hear my gratitude. My days are a purring over back-to-school woes and a planning for a new adventure. Isn’t 99.9999% of life off the screen? I absolutely cannot do this by myself, and while I’m scrubbing and hollering at the dogs to keep off my chickens, you friends have blessed me.